Saturday, December 17, 2011

Rockin' Around the Clock.......

The gifts to be mailed were wrapped yesterday.  This morning at 5:30, I began assembling pans of cookies, baklava, banana bread and candies also to be mailed.  At 10:00am, boxes were filled, sealed and addressed.  We were on our way to the post office and UPS.

The post office charges were a bit of a shocker, but not too much.  We haven't seen postage like that for years - when we were mailing out 12 - 14 boxes.  Today it was 5.  Yep. 5 boxes.

2 items had to go by UPS because of their size.  They had to be wrapped in brown paper because there wasn't a box in sight that would accomodate them.  However, the gal at UPS tells me they can't ship them with just paper.  It gets caught in the conveyor belt and gets shredded.  My heart stopped.  I have to take these back home and find - or construct - a box???  Ah, but Christmas miracles that there are, she said "no problem; we have boxes here.  We'll re-box them for you and get them out".  Hallelujah!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!  You are indeed an angel.  Or at the very least, an elf in disguise, for sure.

Once the out-of-state family is taken care of, everything else is a breeze!

Went to bed early - 10:30.  Fell asleep immediately.  Had a very bad dream that seemed to go on forever, but when I woke up, I felt refreshed.  Ready to rock!  Even thought I saw light outside.  Maybe a full moon?  Walked into the kitchen, looked at the clock.  5:00am.  Good, I can stay up.  Flipped the coffee pot on and sat in the dining room til it's ready.  10 minutes go by; go check the pot; not quite ready.  Sit down, look at the clock.  It looks like 5 after 7:00.  Whaaatt?? 

Looking at the clock, I'm trying to mentally figure out how I got up at 5:00 and now it looks like 5 after 7:00.  Did the clock stop last night?  Did it stop a few minutes ago? (Now that makes no sense, but my brain is half scrambled).  Check the clock on the microwave.  Yeah.  Check the clock on the microwave.

Microwave says.............12:30......AM!  I had fallen into a dead sleep for a little over 1 1/2 hours!!  But I feel soooo refreshed --- and the coffee is just about done.  What's a girl to do?!

Go grab all the gifts in the spare room and start wrapping.  Which is what I was supposed to do last night, but wasn't up to it.  So.  From 12:45 till 2:45, I wrapped almost every single gift.  Except son's fiance.  I gotta find a couple of boxes over at the storage house.

I'm so relieved that it's all done, mostly.  Today on the agenda is/was housecleaning and laundromat.  It's 3:15am.  I restarted the woodstove.  I've got 1 more cup of coffee in the pot.  I'll probably go back to bed soon.  And I'll probably be up again within a few hours.

But as far as the agenda goes........yeah. Ummm....things may have to be rearranged.

No comments: