Friday, August 2, 2013

Moving Along Nicely..........

So.....we finally got the "For Sale" sign up for the house.  Contracts signed; all is a "go".  We're only a month behind our intended schedule.  Not bad for us.

Everything looks great inside!  The realtor was very impressed; she said the house looks beautiful, very nicely decorated.  This made me feel ecstatic.....because I've been busting my arse for 3 months.

Just a couple of glitches.....because we heat only with wood, the realtor said no bank will give anyone a mortgage without an alternative heat source.  Unless the house is listed as "seasonal".  Well, we talked and talked about it.....and decided we would have a new furnace put in.  The guy is supposed to be here next week to start the work.  Says he'll have it done by the end of the week.  Only......"you might have to repaint the area where the old furnace was".....was his caveat.  Sonofabitch!!  The last thing I want to do is pick up a paint brush again!!

Oh.....and then there's the septic......yes, a new septic is needed.  But the good news doesn't have to be done until the house is sold.  And it can be a bargaining chip with the buyer.  Lower selling price if they pay or we both pay half.  Something like that.  All we have to do is get an installer out to inspect and give an estimate.  We called our local installer.  He'll look at it this weekend.

A little set back 2 weeks ago.  BH was not feeling well; hadn't been, really, for over a month.  But that weekend, he was sweating like a pig and not just because of the high temps and humidity, had no appetite and extremely tired.  Friday night I noticed a large oval rash on his back between the shoulder blades.  Gotta keep an eye on that.  Don't know if it's something, or because he was laying in the recliner.  And he had a fever, almost 103 degrees.  He kept taking Tylenol; Saturday the same deal.  Another fever in the evening.  Sunday, before he could sit, I asked to see his back.  Yeah....the rash is getting worse.  Then he says: "I have one on my hip, too".  Oh yeah.....the size of a basketball, fire engine red.  We're going to the ER.

A quick 5 minute blood test and he has a tick-borne disease.  They don't know which one until the entire blood work comes back in about a week.  So they start him on the antibiotic for 3 weeks.

Since last week, he's been doing much better.  Appetite is a little better, but the tiredness is still with him.

We went down to son's house last Sunday to spend the night so we could take granddaughter to the Armory to see her off for Basic Training in the National Guard.  She left for South Carolina Monday morning.  I pray every day she'll make out just fine.  She is one tough cookie, but never been away from home and family like that before.  She won't be back till April.  She'll be sent directly to Tech School immediately after Basic.   I'm going to miss her terribly.  And while she's in Basic, no cell phones or computers allowed!!  Yikes.

                             Our "G.I. Jane"  We are soooo proud of her!!

Funny story..... so we're heading home Monday morning with single son (so he can work on his car and get it out of here).  We stop for coffee; "hand me my purse, please".  BH says "it's not here; I gave it to you at Ryan's"  Panic......looking, looking.....every one out of the car....look, look.  Nope.  Not here.  I must have left it at Ryan's when we stopped to go pee.  Sonofabitch!!  Well, someone will have to meet us half way this weekend so I can get it.

In the meantime......I'm driving with no license.....BH's pills are in my purse......can't use my debit card at the store because......can't write a check....because......can't look up anyone's phone number or address....because......can't use the cell phone to call in case of get the picture.   And I think BH's mind is slipping!!!!  I really have to get hold of myself!

Ah, but today....son's future father in law will meet us an hour from home and deliver my purse.  I'll be a legal, bankable, call-returning, card-sending old lady.....with BH back on his medication.   Geeezzzzzz.

So now we're just muddling through.  Still have odds and ends to do around here.  This weekend I want to get our conversion van cleaned up so we can put an ad in the paper to sell it.  And then I need to get started on organizing all the craft supplies for another yard sale, probably Labor Day weekend. 

Now it's just mowing the grass every other day, weedwacking and keeping the house clean, neat and tidy.  If you have a man in the house, you know this is never .... never .... as easy as it sounds!  Already I'm wringing my hands and swearing under my breath.  But that story's for another day.

Well it's time to get at it.   Hope you all have a very beautiful and peaceful weekend.   August already.  Yikes.


Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Moving is a cleansing experience since we finally have to deal with all the clutter we have lived with for years. It sounds like you have done a great job on getting the house ready for sale. I hope you get a buyer quickly.

So sorry to hear about your husband. The good thing is that the antibiotics are working on him.

Linda said...

Thank you, Arleen. We are so excited! First time we've ever sold a house. Husband is doing much better; thank you for your comment. Have a great weekend!