Here it is....the sweater from Hell. Sorry. It was done last week, except for stitching down the collar and sewing on the buttons. But I just couldn't bring myself to touch it one more time. Then I had the bright idea to make pockets. I love pockets on sweaters. So...pockets were knitted and stitched on. Again, it took me days to accomplish that task.
Anywho, I guess it turned out ok. I still don't think it's going to fit my SIL, but it's getting sent out just the same. If it comes back, I've got another Aran sweater. It's a "win-win" situation.
The yarn is a 3ply sportweight....2 tea and coffee dyed, 1 white; all Border Leichester. I tried for a close-up of the buttons, but they came out all fuzzy. The pictures, not the buttons. The buttons were ordered on line. They're a bronze color with the Celtic Eternity Knot symbol stamped into the metal. Very nice, but smaller than I thought they would be. Oh well.
It is a nice lightweight sweater. I like it.
Now there's about a pound of Cheviot in the dyepot. It'll be a beautiful aqua to compliment the pound of aqua/ grey/green/magenta that was dyed last week. I was trying for grey; used black gel food coloring. It "broke"......but I love the colors anyway! A real nice surprise afterall. This is why I prefer to dye in colorways instead of a solid color. Many more options with the surprises.
Well, back to spinning. Finishing up some BL blended with iridescent Firestar. Then there's the vest to finish knitting. And more roving to finish spinning. Thank goodness our weather is going to be on the cool side next week. At least the outside work can be put off a little longer.
5 weeks ago