Saturday, February 27, 2016

White Sheets......

When's the last time you bought a set of white bed sheets?  Remember white bed sheets?  So clean, so crisp, so....grandma's beds.  I love white sheets.

I haven't bought new sheets for......18 years or so.  Yep.  The last set was an exchange of flannel sheets we received for a set of cotton ones.  And they were "Martha Stewart" design.  I don't care much for M.S., and would never purposely buy something of her line.  But I liked the pattern and the material....so there ya go.  There are 6 sets of sheets in the linen closet.  A few of them are before the "deep pockets" sheets that came out with the introduction of 10"+ thick mattresses.  So I have a couple sets of the "deep pockets", but they're showing their wear.

I've had it in my mind that I want white sheets.  I'm sick of prints and matching coordinating colors.  White.  It's the way to go.  Can't wait to hang them out on the washline this summer.  Nothing is better than crawling into bed on fresh sheets that have been dried outdoors.  And white is a bonus!  Just like Grandma's.

I bought 6 sets of white pillow cases last year.  I use them as pillow protectors under the regular cases. 

So now we have a new set of white sheets....and, I'm shy to admit....a set of beige.   Because we all need some color in our lives.  I'm sure my Grandma would approve.

2 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I try to surround myself in color, but I do love white crisp sheets.

Linda said...

I think I'll buy a couple more sets! Thanks, Arleen.