Saturday, February 6, 2016

Of Mice and (Wo)Men...........

My day was planned as of 5:30am.  Lots to do, lots to do.  Lots of wool things to do.

I have this black wool, purchased at a yarn store for cheap!  Because the owner says there's no call for fiber anymore.  People want yarn.  ok.  $10 for 8 oz....it's got blue glitz in it!!  Sold!

It's terrible stuff....lots of VM, nepps and second cuts.  But I sallied forth because I have 2 lbs. of black top that I want to ply with it.  Already I'm thinking of making a felted, Fedora-style hat with it.

Then I happened across 3 bobbins of white Corriedale that I forgot about.  Hmmmm....well let's get those babies plied and I'll have 3 empty bobbins.  That's going well.

2 days ago I started blending Merino and silk for granddaughter's wedding shawl.  I've had the silk for about 4.....yep....4 years.  Waiting for the right project.  The Merino was purchased this Fall when it was on sale from my favorite fiber place.  Also iridescent Angelina.  So, one single is with silk, the other, Angelina.  A beautiful 2-ply yarn will be the outcome.  At least, that's what I see in my head.

I've also got 1 more inch on the back of an Aran sweater being knitted.  A 4-ply grey and white.  Looks very nice.  Love the patterns.  It's just the beginning.  4 more sections to knit.

So, housework has been hit or miss for the past month (or so).  If I can see it, it gets cleaned.  If it isn't noticeable, it's good for another week or so.  So far, it's working.  It's winter, afterall.  And my penchant and energy for housework is nil.

Got the blending board set up this morning, ready to go.  Working on the 3rd bobbin of Corriedale 3-ply.  1 bobbin of black top is done, another needs to be.  The crappy stuff with the glitz is all spun up.

Going into a drawer in the kitchen, I discover little.....black.....dots.  Ovals, if you will.  Yeah.....we all know what that means.  Especially those of us living in the country.  Damn!!!  Go to the spice drawer, one of their favorite eating establishments......yep......they got the dill.  Dill.  Who knew?  Checking all drawers.....2 more with evidence.  Clean the drawers, get rid of all the damage.  Tell BH, "we had a mouse in the drawers".  He says "well, better set some traps tonight.  You want to go pick some up later?"  Sure.....there's a new thrift store in town I'm dying to check out.  Not for mouse traps, mind you.  Just for fun.

We do have these little sonic thingies all over the house.  Plugged into the outlets, they let off a low hum.  We've had them for 3 years now and they seemed to be working just fine.  But...there's always that one little son-of-a-gun that thinks he's Mighty Mouse.  We'll get you, my pretty.....we'll get you.  Warn your friends and family.

No comments: