Friday, June 15, 2012

Musings.............

***The title for this post is not the word I wanted to use....but I can't think of the word I wanted.  This has been happening a lot.  I lose my words.....the simplest ones....names, thoughts, expressions.  It's getting scarry.

***I have a few oddball things to do around the house.  When the weather is warm and sunny, my energy is peaked.  When it's rainy, damp and muggy......I sink like a wet dish rag.  Can't function.

***We've been having a lot of stormy days lately.  Told BH to save some of the wood for an......ark.

***My beautiful day lilies are tall and green.  The leaves are also torn apart horribly from the storms, high winds and hail.  As are the begonias in my deck planters.  Don't see any buds on the lilies; afraid they may not bloom this year.

***The "Little Kim" lilac bush sent to me a couple years ago by son in NY for Mother's Day, looked like it had died over the winter.  No new shoots, no sprouting of leaves.  Until the other day.  There is one teensy, tiny cluster of green coming up from the ground.  I'm thinking of removing the bush and planting it in a deck pot.

***The almost death of the lilac bush just about broke my heart, as son from NY also sent me a mini rose bush (pink flowers) about 5 years ago.  I planted it outside that Spring.......it died after the first winter.  Makes me so sad.

***Brother from WA. called yesterday.  He and wife are planning a trip here week before Labor Day.  Wants to come and visit for a couple of days before heading to the Cities to spend time with his twin.   I really don't care to have any family visit.  Still hurting from the trouble at my niece's wedding last summer.  I try to put it aside, but you can "forgive but not forget".  And being that no family member ever realized or made mention of an apology for the hurt and pain they caused makes it all the more unforgetable. 

***Because I'm always the one who's feelings don't matter as far as any of my siblings are concerned.  Turn the other cheek?? Again?? Ehhh.....no.  I don't think so.

***There is a very weird smell in the house.  Don't know where it's coming from.  It's a sour, damp smell.  Happens when it's raining and humid....and the house is shut up.  I may have to shampoo the carpets.  Everything else has been thoroughly cleaned.   Crap.  I was not planning on shampooing the carpets this season.  There's only BH and myself here 98% of the time.  It must be him! 

***BH sold his boat last week.  Yay!!!  With the extra money, we're paying off a couple of bills and setting the rest aside.

***I've been knitting the same sock for.....2 months??  Seems like it.  Just started the toe decrease yesterday.  Then on the the mate.  Why is it taking soooo long?   Still haven't put the zipper in the finished sweater.

***Haven't started cleaning out the old farm house yet, either.  But I'm getting closer!  As soon as the little odds and ends are done.  And we have a forecast of at least a week with no rain!

***Finally got the inside frame of the window in the utility room painted.  Yeah.  That was on the list for 2 years.

***Just got all the paperwork filled out for our Equity renewal; dropped it off at the bank.  Later realized that I forgot a couple of small monthly accounts payable.  Yeah........

***That same day, got a call from daughter.  She received re-qualifying paperwork from Social Security.  She sent it off to me to be filled out.  Crap.

***I want to paint the family room soooo bad.  Yeah, that's been on the list for a couple of years also.  But now, I get the shakes everytime I think about when it's going to get done.  This Fall, hopefully.

***And I'm still anticipating the Big Yard Sale  before the season is over!!!  But, of course, that proceeds cleaning out the old house.  Can't wait to get rid of all the crap....one way or another.

***Last Sunday, June 10, was the second anniversary of my dad passing away.  Very sad for me.  Miss him very much.  Memories flood my mind all the time.

Well, the sun is supposed to be out today, warm and muggy.  I better grab the list and get my arse in gear.  Rain tomorrow.  And Monday through next weekend........you guessed it!!  Rain!!!........

                          "We're gonna need a bigger boat!"

1 comment:

Judy said...

Maybe you shouldn't have sold the boat! Hope you get some sunny weather soon. Have a great weekend