Saturday, December 29, 2012

PCB's are Setting In........

P.C.B.......Post Christmas Blues.  It started yesterday, ramped up last night and today, fully reared it's ugly head.

For the 4 or 5 days after Christmas, I can deal.  Little chores here and there.  Cleaning up a little.  Making phone calls to those we didn't talk to on The Day.  Laundry (3 days worth now).  Get to the store...because I forgot this, this and this for New Year's and more guests.

Ah, but today.  Buggers.  I'm melting.  My energy level is zapped.  I want this over.  How many more days till I can undecorate the house?  Till BH and I can get back to our normal routines?  Till I can pick up the long ignored knitting and really make some progress.....more than just 3 rows at a sitting?  Till I can prepare supper for just the 2 of us?

Son and fiance are supposed to be arriving today, possibly with the 3 grandchildren following.  And another grandson maybe here for a day or two.  Son is staying until Monday or Tuesday.

I have the next 2 days meals and snacks planned.  Made a huge pot of Cheesy Potato/Broccoli soup yesterday....supper today.  Tomorrow will be assorted meats and cheeses on home made hard rolls, potato salad, beans and chef salad.

If we celebrate New Year's tomorrow night, there will be cheese (I am big on cheese!), pepperoni and crackers, chips and dip, shrimp cocktail, nacho cheese (see?) and salsa with tortilla chips and chicken wings....hopefully 3 kinds.....Buffalo, BBQ, and Teriyaki.  But I have to get back to the grocery store today.  They were out of wings on Wednesday.  They'll probably be out today, being that I waited till the last minute!

Son and fiance reserved a room at the hotel in town for 2 nights.  So if grandchildren are here, it will alleviate the sleeping space dilemma.  That's a plus.

And daughter who's been with us since last Saturday will be going home tomorrow.  A bed freed up.

But in the meantime, I just keep telling myself "it's almost over", and counting the days.  I love the first couple of days after Christmas, but then the rest of the days just grate on my nerves.  I'm all for normal.  I want to get back to normal.

Now, depending on who you talk to, that may be like going back decades to reach that kind of normal!

Have a very safe, healthy and Happy New Year everyone!!  Remember.....it's almost over!