Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Husband is an "Enabler"!

So, I'm perusing the internet yesterday afternoon.  All of a sudden it occurs to me, I ordered some items from a fiber store.....a month ago.....and have not received them yet.  Now, in their defense, the items were on backorder.  And I wasn't in a rush to receive them.  So when I checked the status, it said the order was being processed.  It was being processed since last week!  I'll make a phone call.

However, the store banner advertised  white Shetland roving on sale for $14.00 a pound!  But I digress.  Passed that over, went to the phone and called customer service.  Explained the situation to the gal; she will call the supplier and see what the deal is; she will call me back.

And she did.  The supplier says these items have been discontinued; the store will not be receiving anymore.  She was very, very apologetic.  Not only will she cancel the order, she will give me 200 extra bonus points!

This company gives you bonus points for purchases, writing reviews on products, or just "liking" an item on FB.  100 points = $1.00 off your bill.

I now have 400 points.  And if I purchase the roving, I will receive another 330 points.  The only problem is.....the points are only good for 30 days, if I remember correctly.  But that's a problem that can be easily rectified.

Enter BH.

ME:  "hey, they're cancelling my order and giving me 200 extra bonus points.  I now have 400....that's $4.00 off my bill.  AND...guess what.....they have roving on sale for $14.00 a pound!!  OMG!! That's like almost 88 cents an ounce!!"

BH: "you better get some. The price isn't going to go down, ya know.  How much does wool cost you at the festivals?"

ME: "the cheapest was $1.25 an ounce for BFL at the Lake Elmo fair; it's usually $2 - $3.00".

BH: "See....you better order 5 pounds."

ME: "no...4.  4 pounds is all I need.  I just ordered 4 pounds of roving in November".  I won't live that long to spin up all the wool I have.  I'm going to have to buy another storage tote."

BH: "I'd buy the wool now.  How many pounds do you have...50?"

ME: "Ehhhh.....pretty close.  I just know I won't live that long".

BH: "Buy it....5 pounds."

ME: "HEY!!  I wonder if I could use one of the gift cards??  That would be great!! I'll ask the gal when she calls back."

In the meantime, there is a mad scurry to dig out the gift card from my purse.  The gal calls back.  I ask about the card.  "Yes, you can use that.  If there's a problem on the internet, call and place the order over the phone".

Will do!!  And on to the website's "shopping cart".  Order is done.  Check the card.  Uh-oh.  "Register your card before making an online purchase".  Crap.

Put the website on hold....go to the web for the card; fill out all the info; done.  Back to the "shopping cart".  Finish the order.....yes, 5 pounds of white Shetland roving, minus the $4.00 bonus, select the cheapest shipping rate....$5.00!! Click "submit order"  and......"Bob's your uncle"....it's done.

BH: "Did you order it?  How many pounds?  Good, good.  You deserve it."  (A little back and forth here between us, me saying he already lets me get anything I want; I really didn't need to order more wool; the gift card was for both of us to use, I feel guilty.)

And he insisting....."after all you've been through these past 20 years...you deserve anything you want!"

The deed is done.  He's a hopeless mark  enabler.  And I hope he never discovers "Fiber ReHab"!!

Now I have to go find a tote to empty out.

3 comments:

Judy said...

LOL I love it! Enjoy...and totes are on sale this week!

Anonymous said...

Wow, how lucky can one woman be? And don't worry about living long enough. Just do the best you can. I have 3 Alpalca fleeces, and 2 entire sheep fleeces, all processed, and sitting here waiting for me to spin them up. I keep thinking "I'll never live long enough," but I'm not going to fret over it. Just keep spinning! :P

Rani said...

Speechless. If I want to order more yarn, it's a matter of transferring money to Swiss bank accounts and using undercover agents to procure the stash so my husband doesn't find out. Sad. But true.