Monday, March 21, 2011

Awww, C'Mon...........

This is one of those "aw, c'mon days". I've been up since 3:45am; it's only 7:15am now, but I can tell you -- it's gonna be one of those days.

**Just heard the weather report. Snow/sleet storm coming tomorrow and lasting until Wednesday night. Greaatt. We did have some warm weather this past week; some sun, some grey skies. Some areas still have a foot of snow on the ground. And now this.......

**We didn't get to see the Super Moon Friday or Saturday nights. Cloudy skies. Ratz!!

**I'm knitting a pair of socks; intend on using the rust yarn for the heels and toes. Only, the rust yarn is still a "single" on the bobbin. Yep. Didn't get around to navajo plying that a few weeks ago like I said. So, what to do? Well, start the second sock (thank goodness for 2 sets of the same size needles). Now, ply the single; wash it and hang to dry.

**But in the meantime, I also finished second sock to the point of the heel. Now what? Ohh, yeah. Cast on for another pair - in different color, of course - and different size needles. Ok. Done.

**Well, that black/beaded alpaca still needs to be plied. Yep. Finally finished the black Shetland. Well - there is one small ball left, maybe 2-3 oz. But I wanted to save that for plying with the grey Shetland -- whenever that gets spun. But that's another story for another time. So, I start to ply the blacks this morning. It is decided to be a 3 ply. Why? I don't know. I am not thinking straight these days. Onward and upward..........everything is going along fine; it's spinning like a dream; single w/beads is behaving. Then something goes terribly wrong. I can't remember if I set it down to get coffee; I don't know. But all 3 plies became so horrible twisted, tangled, knotted --- it was a mess!! OMG!! After struggling to get it undone for about 15 minutes, my impatience won out. And I cut it. Now I have to tie each bobbin to its end and devise a plan to keep this from happening again! Well, with the help of a "Chip Clip" (you know, what you use to keep potato chip bags closed), and wrapping the beaded single around the hooks when I stop, so far so good!

Of course, I do believe that I will wait for BH to be in the same room with me so he can get my coffee!! Ehhh, but the trip to the bathroom will be another problem!

**Today I will ball the rust yarn and return to the first pair of socks, continue knitting. Then back to the striped brown ones.

**Gotta get to the store today -- before the big storm hits. They say anywhere from 8" to 14" of snow and sleet between tomorrow and Wednesday night. Good Grief!!

**Oh yeah. And the computer is still acting up. Did not call techie son. Been trying for 2 days to get things working on my own. Can't use the scanner. And when you want to go on a web site from a list of sites, computer takes us to some obscure advertising site. Don't know what I'm gonna do. I'm beginning to wonder if all this isn't caused by Yahoo. I just read, while trying to look for forums of same problems, someone said that Yahoo was bought out by AT&T. Well.......that explains a lot!! At least I can still get on the blogs our email and my banking site.......for now. Crap!

**On top of all this, BH is losing his cool. Crabby temperament is setting in. I can't deal with this. Thank goodness there will be a lot of snow coming. He can get outside and shovel.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a snowstorm at least once a week until the end of May --- when fishing season opens!! Then I'll be a fisherman's widow. Which is all I can hope for right now.

No comments: