Saturday, July 16, 2011

Should Be a Great Day........

Son came up from Cities; he and BH left for fishing about 4:45am.  With instructions to be home at 1:00pm!!  We are in a heat/humidity warning for the next 5 days or so.  In the Cities, they say the heat index could be 112 degrees.  We up here in the northland could hit 100.  Well, anyway, we'll see who cries "uncle" and comes rolling home before they get fried!!  Men!!

It is now 8:00am.  I spun for about an hour; boiled pasta for pasta salad; changed bed linens; cut my hair; took a shower; cleaned the bathroom; dumped water from the dreaded A/C; dumped water from the dehumidifier; put the salad together; did the dishes and ran the electric sweeper through the house.   Not bad, eh??  Of course, I'll probably pass out about 11:00am. hehehe.

That's if grandson doesn't get dropped off here by his mom.  I told her Thursday that if she works today, he can come spend the day here. 

Oh yeah, and I have ROCK N ROLL on the radio!!  As loud as I want it!  Ahhh, it's good to be single!!  Even if it's just for a few hours.   A Great Day!

For supper?  Pasta salad, hot dogs on the grill and grilled corn on the cob.  I didn't plan anything for dessert;  maybe we'll sit by the campfire and drink a few beers tonight.

Right now, it's overcast; looks like rain any minute.  But the humidity is up there; the kind that takes your breathe away.  Nice and cool in the house though.  Gotta enjoy it while I can; if the sun comes out, it's all over.

I started back on the shawl yesterday; now that the black is spun into yarn.  2 more pattern repeats and it'll be done.  This pattern does go really fast --- if you don't run out of yarn in the middle of it!

Well, I'm going back to spinning for a while.  Then --- who knows.  I can do whatever I fancy;  I'm free;  I'm single.  For a few hours.  Ya gotta take what you can get, when you can get it!

You all have a great weekend.  Stay cool.  (All spinners are cool!)

1 comment:

Judy said...

One time hubby and kids were gone and I had the music loud. My mother called asking if my son could turn down his music. I told her I would tell him and never admitted it was me!
I have been spinning but not knitting. Finally I got back into knitting and started the HP visibility cape from Lionbrand, quick and easy using what I had just spun. Hope to be done tonight. Stay cool