Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Doctor Is In.......

Ok. So I called the clinic at 8:15am yesterday. Asked for an appointment. The receptionist says "let me check the book. We're filling up pretty fast." "Yeah, that's what I thought!" I chuckled. (It is the beginning of cold/flu season, afterall).

"What's the problem?", she asks. I explain all the medical problems I have, ending with "and I think it's now settling in my sinuses."

"Oh. Sinsuses. Well I can get you in at 8:40 or 11:20." 8:40 works for me and it's my favorite doc. Okey dokey then. I'm only 5 minutes from the clinic. Rush to get dressed and comb my hair. Makeup is not necessary when you want to impress upon the doctor on how sick you feel, as well as sound.

We go through all the symptoms over the past week. She checks me over; looks in my ears. "Yep. You have a lot of fluid in your ears. That's a sure sign of sinsus infection. Sounds like you started with a viral bug and it graduated to this. I'll give you a prescription. You should feel better in a few days."

So I started the medication as soon as I got home. I still feel like crap. But I will be patient --- hahaha --- "patient". Oh Lord.

My days have not been a total lose. I have spent the time knitting. Got another Norwegian ski hat done - except for turning and sewing up the brim. Still working on the shawl; got about 24" or so done. Love it. And I've been spinning for a couple of hours in the morning. I get up between 4:30-5:00am. BH is still sleeping then so I have this time to myself. Love it.

There is a down side to all this laying about. I'm really starting to enjoy just being home. Doing what I want to do for as long as I want. But then a reality knock hits my head -- "oh yeah? What about the bills? Where ya gonna get the money on the first of the month? How ya gonna buy groceries and gas? What, now you're just going to get lazy and procrastinate with things like you did before?"

Yeah. I guess. I really need to get back to work. Crap. Well, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. One more year, maybe less. Then I can collect the BIG bucks from the government - Social Security. Ah yes. I am psyched about this. God help the idiots in Washington who screw this up within the next year. I just might have to become an AARP lobbyist. March on Washington. Picket the Capitol building. Write columns in the national papers.

Say, how much does AARP pay their lobbyists, anyway?

I think it's time for another dose of my medication.

No comments: