Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Nothing.....What's New with You?.........

This is my normal response when talking to someone on the phone. It's also my usual response. period.

I think this hibernating thing is getting the better of me -and the season hasn't even really started. Boy, have I been tired lately. I don't want to do anything except spin and knit. I gotta force myself into a better state of mind and get moving.

I discovered I have "spinner's thumb" this morning. Geezz. The bottom knuckle of my thumb is very sore, like it's sprained. Having a hard time drafting fiber. I think I'll have to rest it for a couple of days. Hope it doesn't affect my knitting. I'll find that out later today.

I'm psyching myself up to do some housework today; get outside and weedwhack, pull some more weeds, put the lawn ornaments and lights away and hopefully get that damned window scraped and painted.

They hired a new girl at work, so I volunteered (saw the opportunity) to cut my schedule to 4 days. So I now have 3 days off in a row! I should be able to get something done, don'tcha think?

Christmas has been on my mind a lot lately. You? I've been thinking of things to make for gifts, then BH and I had this discussion the other day. See, our agreement is that once the grandchildren turn 18 and have a job, there's no more Christmas money sent to them. We now have 3 grandchildren who have reached that golden age. That leaves 9 more to go.

Ah, but now we've been talking our kids. Our kids need nothing. They have (spend) more money than BH and I have ever seen at one time - on a regular basis. Any thing we can buy them seems like nothing. It's disengenuous. It's ridiculous. AND on the other hand, BH and I need nothing, want nothing. So we're talking no gifts this year. The money spent, the postage (nearly all of them live out of state), the craziness looking or planning for just the right gift for that person.......

Make something, you say? Ha! There's only 3 people that appreciate and take care of a handmade item - my mom, sister and "adopted sister"(friend).

Ah, but the grandchildren. I think we should still be giving them their Christmas money. They don't get gifts from us because they have everything they want year 'round. And we cannot afford a $100.00 piece of electronics or clothing for each kid! You know what I'm talking about!

I do have (did have) plans for a couple of the adults. Handmade. But now I may have to rethink this. Give it to them at a non-descript time. Geezz. This is giving me a headache. It's too early to be thinking about this. Seriously.

Son and friend are coming up this weekend for fishing with BH. I gotta plan a dinner. I'm thinking chicken cacciatore. And make a stawberry/rhubarb pie. So son can take some of it home. Because we ate the one I made a month ago when son and fiance were supposed to come up. And I told her about it. Said I would make another one when they came up. But she won't be able to do that til maybe Thanksgiving, since she's back in school and working. Luckily, the Dutch apple pie is still in the freezer. Yes, I told her about that too. So son will be able to take some of both back home. Hey, when you're getting old, you gotta keep on their good side. You never know when you'll need their help at the homestead or God forbid, who you'll have to live with.

Yeah, I better rethink this Christmas thing big time!

1 comment:

Judy said...

LOL I always say I am treating them nice so I know they will change my Depends when the time comes and not leave me sitting in them! Honestly, Christmas has been on my mind also but I keep trying to push it back. There is just too many other things that need to be taken care of first...but it still wiggles in. Hope your thumb feels better soon