Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Things Have Been Happening.......

We had an absolutely gorgeous day yesterday!!  72 degrees!! It really gets the adrenolin going; fills me with all kinds of energy.  Open a few windows, leave the door open; let all that fresh air in!

Notice, I said a few windows.  Because.......for the next 4 or 5 days, the temps are going to be high 40's during the day, below freezing or close to it at night.  And rain, rain rain.  Maybe some snow -- shovelable in some places -- on Friday.  Aarrrgghh!!   There goes my energy.

Ah, but today just may be saved.  BH is going to son's for the day.  Can I get a "whoop! whoop!".  Oh yeah.  Got big plans for those precious hours.

I just finished one bobbin of white Shetland and stripped the rest of the ball to hopefully spin another full bobbin.  Then I have the 6 & 1/2 skeins of the black/beads to ball up.  Then I have to go through the tub of finished items, tag the ones that are not and organize them into 2 tubs, being that the one is overflowing and I couldn't get even another pair of socks into it.  I'm seriously contemplating doing the Craft show at the school this year, first weekend in November.  I used to do this show; did it for 10 years.  But decided a few years ago no more.  However, what do you do with 2 tubs full of various handspun, handknitted garments?  You have to try to sell them, right?

I can't give them away to family.  There's just a couple of members who understand how to take care of wool wear.  And they've been duly blessed with socks.  No hats.  They don't wear hats.  Sweaters?  Yeah, but I have special sweaters in mind for those 2, and the wool isn't even spun up yet!!

Anywho.  I will be at my leisure today!  Supper will be easy -- just pulled out the meatloaf and gravy from the freezer.  How great can this day get!!!

Finally made it to daughter's to Spring clean her apartment.  Sorry to say I haven't done this in 3 years.  OMG!  I will NEVER let that happen again.  We did thorough cleaning, organizing, tossing out (like 9 bags of garbage!), re-arranged furniture and went shopping for a few things to re-decorate.  I gotta say, her place looks beautiful now.  Everything nice and clean and fresh.  She was very happy with it.  Me too!

This weekend my brother and sil came up to visit.  They haven't been up here for 3(?) years.  Yikes!!  We had fun.  Baked a strawberry/rhubarb pie -- his favorite!  and an apple one.  Had my famous fried chicken, herb/garlic mashed potatoes, fresh asparagus (on sale last week for $1.88#!!!  I know!!!), chef salad and warm French bread.   Yum, Yum!!  Oh, and wine. Delicious wine.  Ya gotta have wine!

And for breakfast Sunday, we had blueberry waffles, bacon and OJ.  He brought me a huge bag of coffee beans from Costco -- so we had fresh, delicious coffee!!  I love coffee.  My veins are filled with it.

I should tell you that this was a coup, because my brother always decides what the meal will be and brings the groceries for it.  But when he asked me what they could bring, I told him "Nothing! Absolutely nothing!"  He kind of hesitatingly said "welll, ok, then".  And then he proceeded to bring the coffee beans, 6 cans of sardines, smoked oysters and kippers for BH (I don't touch the stuff!) and 2 containers of his homemade soup - black bean and chili.  What a guy!

I'm hoping this weekend will be a quiet one.  Already told one kid that the weather is going to be too cold and nasty for him to come up for the Trout (stream only) opener.  That takes care of that.  However, I did have to shoot an email to sonwhousedtolivewithus, our computer tech, and tell him that the computer is on the blink.  Haven't heard back from him yet.  I just asked if he could tell me how to reset the calculations again over the phone.  We've done this before, successfully.  He might get the idea, though, that he needs to come up and take care of it himself.  But with the gas prices as such, instruction over the phone might be the better thing to do.

Well, all the laundry is done, house is clean.  As a matter of fact, I just took down the last of the "winter" decorations yesterday.  So, I'm free as a bird for my projects.  Last week I informed BH that we were going to start cleaning out the farmhouse (used for storage) this week.  Yeah. That's a "no-go".  Not in the rain and snow.  I need sunshine and warmth to expend that amount of energy!  Maybe next week.  In the meantime, I need to get breakfast ready so BH can get on his way.  He says he'll be back at supper time.  Oh yeah.  This is a "whoo whoo" day!!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hope you had a good day. We got to sleep with the window open Sunday night but it has since returned to 30's at night. It was great while it lasted, a taste of what's to come....soon I hope.