Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's...............Fall!??

What the heck is going on?!  We're still in the low 40's daytime, mid 20's at night.  Good Grief.

So, of course, the cleaning has not started.  This is one of those "good news, bad news" moments.  More snow and rain and bad temps through Friday.

We're going to the sheep and wool festival in Lake Elmo, MN. this year.  Yay!!  I love this show.  It's close to home - 2 1/2 hrs away.  Haven't been there in 2 years - because I was working.  Yes, weekends included.  Every weekend.  Every. stinkin'. weekend.  Ah, buts that's all over now.

It takes place Mother's Day weekend, every year.  So, if you're in the area, and you've never been....it's a great way to spend the day -- or weekend.  So much to see.  So much to love.  So much to dream over.  So much to buy!!

I gotta make a list of things I need from the festival.  I do need certain knitting needles of a certain size and length.  I could use more white wool.  And can't wait to see all the colored rovings and tops. Lovvvve It!!

And there's a "plus".  BH says we can leave Thursday and get a few days of camping in besides!  WhooHoo!!  Of course, that means I have to get the camping stuff organized and ready to go.  Which is stored in the camper.  Which is very, very cold because.......it's cold outside.........like Fall.

Easter weekend coming up fast.  It's just weird celebrating Easter in the........Fall.  BH was just remembering some years ago (8?) we had the grandkids up here, Easter egg hunting.  The eggs were sitting on top of, or slightly buried in snow!  I wonder if coloring eggs was planned decades and decades ago for this very reason!  They're easier to find in the snow, definitely! 

We have pictures of the kids in their winter jackets, hats, mittens and boots running around the yard with their Easter baskets.  Priceless!

Well, can't do anything outside, so I've really been trying to get a significant amount of spinning and knitting done.  But while I sit at the computer, of course none of that is happening.  And then I could kick myself.  So I try to get an hour in here and there.  One in the morning; maybe a bit in the afternoon before naptime; a little before or during cooking dinner and hopefully some time afterwards before a favorite show comes on TV.  There's just 2 nights actually with a show that we watch.

Ah, but then there's the movies.  We receive a movie from Netflix twice a week; one on Wednesday and one on Saturday.  Soooo........that makes 4 nights.  Uh-oh.  And then there's reading.  We've discovered the library again.  So we've been taking books out.  And if you take them out, you should really read them, right?  I'm almost finished with the second book in 3 weeks.  Then there's a book my daughter gave me.  I started it.  It's sitting on the table, waiting to be opened again.  Gotta finish that one.  Of course, our library also sells older books for $1.00.  They have a whole cart full of them.  And I picked up 4 more books to add to my own library!

You can see the spiraling effect here, can't you?  Definitely.  Well, with all the spinning, knitting and reading to be done ----you know, cozy, indoor hobbies-----maybe it's a good thing it's still FALL!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I fully understand your frustration when spinning, and finding very tiny VM all through the roving. The last lovely roving I spent some time on was exactly the same. I sat here with a pair of tweezers, to remove all the tiny particles of VM I kept finding, as I was spinning. And since I was making fingering weight yarn with it, I had to make sure to get out every little piece, or it would have been ruined. It takes much longer to spin roving that is in such condition, but the end result will be worth all the effort you put into it, I'm sure.

I'm wish you on the big meals too. I've done enough cooking over the years, now it's time I want to sit back and let someone else do it for me, for a change. Good luck on that no big dinner wish. :)