Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!!

It's a beautiful day.  As Easter should be.  A new beginning.  Not only the season, but a new lease on life, spiritually, mentally and physically.  New hope for all.  Embrace it; believe in it; fill your heart with it.

Not much going on today.  Stepson coming to spend the day.  It'll be just the 3 of us.

The usual for dinner - baked ham with pineapple and brown sugar glaze; garlic and chive mashed potatoes; yams; green beans with mushrooms and coleslaw.  And coconut/banana cream pie for dessert.  Yum!!  This was my dad's very favorite dessert!!  But he said only the way I made it.  My mom tried a few times.  He'd always tell me "it's not like the one in Minnesota!!"  Made me laugh.

I finished one brown sock this morning.  I'm going to call the pair "Ugly Socks".  It took every ounce of mental capabilities not to rip the thing out.  But it'll be ok.  It'll be a pair of men's socks.  So, it doesn't really matter, right? Hehehehe.

I'm hoping tomorrow to start working on cleaning out the old house.  Being that tomorrow looks like our only warm, sunny day for the rest of the week.  Geezzz.  Yep.  Rain, rain, cold, cold through Friday.  Is this ever going to end??  What the heck.  Gives me more time for spinning and knitting anyway.

"When life give you lemons"........., move to another orchard, for crype sake!!

Well, I gotta go put the Easter basket together and straighten up around here.  Yeah, well, if I had put the basket together last night, BH would be having chocolate bunnies for breakfast today!!

Have a great day!!        

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing but rain, and more rain for this week, here in NE PA too. I would like to see anything bloom by this time, but I think my daffodils are water logged along with everything else, including my mood. :)

Have a great day!