Friday, April 26, 2013

Happy Dance!....Happy Dance!......Happy Dance!

Oh yeah, baby!!!  We're gonna have Spring this weekend!!  Today I went outside at 8:45 am and started taking down the mini lights and the brownish garland on the deck.  AND.....no jacket!!  no sweater!!  no sweatshirt!!  short sleeves!

Also took 2 storm windows down....the bathroom and the kitchen.  I wish they all could come down, but as I was futzing with the kitchen window, BH calls..."here's the weather forecast for next week".  And like a fool, I go and look.  Wellll.......from Monday through next weekend, we're supposed to have high's only in the 40's.

"How the hell did that happen?  What happened to the extended forecast yesterday that called for high 50's, low 60's next week?"

"I don't know", he says.  "But there it is".   Son...of....a....b......

So, needless to say, there won't be anymore storm windows coming down lest we get a major blizzard the first week in May.

Leaving for daughter's today.  She called yesterday to inform me that her legs have been going numb and her feet tingle.  Apparently this has been going on for a couple of months.  "Mom, there's something I have to ask you about....."  so I told her to schedule a doctor's appointment that morning.  The appointment is today.  She asked if I wanted to spend the night.  I didn't really.  I hate being away from home.  But....seeing that we haven't spent any time together since Christmas, I said sure.

Anyway, the weather is supposed to be gorgeous...mid 60's/high 60's through Sunday.  Maybe she and I will take a little ride...find a little mall, do a little window shopping; go out for breakfast or lunch tomorrow.  It sure beats washing windows, blinds and curtains, which is what we should be doing in her apartment.  But, geezzz, it's gonna be cold again next week. 

So Spring isn't really here, right?

Hope you all are blessed with beautiful weather this weekend and get to do something really fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I certainly hope there is nothing seriously wrong with your daughter, and that whatever the problem is, it will be corrected quickly and easily.

About the weather, what can I say. That stupid groundhog deserves to be shot though, lying as he did. Spring is definitely not early this year, even here. Usually I have mowed the lawn at least once or more before the end of April. This year it is not ready yet for it's first mowing. So that tells me Spring is late, not early. I just wish it were not so hard on you. :) Hang in there, it has to arrive eventually.

Linda said...

Thanks, Sandie. Still waiting to hear from the neurologist's appointment secretary. Otherwise, couple of days of Spring...then back to the cold temps til next week! Have a great week; hope your weather is much better than we're getting!

Lynn said...

The weather has been really weird all over teh country!! Record highs in CA with major fires, record lows in midwest and snow, flooding in Florida. Stay warm!

Linda said...

You're right, Lynn. When we think about what others are going through all over, we have to count our blessings. But a little cursing under our breath helps us carry on!hehehehe. Have a great weekend!