Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ahhh, This is the Life!.........

This was a great weekend! Hey, the week wasn't bad either. Except for the heat and humidity. But I'm going to ignore that for now.

We have had a quiet, peaceful week. I love quiet, peaceful weeks. I've waited for them all my life. I relish every minute of every day that the phone doesn't ring. But I digress.

BH and I did some yard work this week. This seems to be a constant. Every few days the yard looks like it really needs mowing and weedwhacking. What's up with that?

Did some housework, always a "plus". And I've been spinning every day. Managed to get 4 bobbins plied; finished the white merino. Going to move on to a beautiful deep red wool and some black Shetland that I want to eventually ply with black alpaca and grey merino. Yum!!

I still have to skein the plied yarn and wash it. I also have 2 pairs of socks to be washed. Maybe I'll be able to post some pictures.

I even got out the Danish oil because ----I plan on putting my Traveler spinning wheel together Thursday ------ this Thursday. Yup. After it's oiled, of course.

We were invited to our friends for dinner today. Had a very nice time. The husband just turned 82 and has Alzheimer's. This is sad. The progression over the last 6 months has been dramatic. We've known this couple for 19 years and he doesn't know our names now. But he still has a great sense of humor and he enjoys having company at the house.

BH is going fishing tomorrow; wants to leave at 5:30am. I have to go to work. This is against the rules. The rules say "fishing on Wednesday and Thursday", my days off. I just hope I get to have some time alone when I get home before he gets home from the lake. Otherwise I will not be a very happy camper. Why can't they just follow the "rules"??!

Wednesday we have to go to town to our daughter's and take her to the furniture store for a new dresser. The one she has has been falling apart for the past year or so. I have put it back together so many times, it's ridiculous. Of course this is because she packs so much clothing into the drawers that the bottoms fall out. You know, it's made of that stupid thin plyboard that slides into grooves on the sides and front of the drawer. Enough, already! A REAL wood dresser is what she needs. Do they make such things anymore? We'll find out.

And I suppose I better call our car mechanic and make an appointment. Before something important falls out or off. What a racket it makes. Thank goodness I only have to drive a mile to work. I'll make the appointment for next week and keep my fingers crossed. Because this week I have plans for a spinning wheel. And I will not be deterred. I.will.not.be.deterred.

Since last weekend the weather has been very hot and humid. Not East Coast hot, but still too hot for me. Very uncomfortable. It's supposed to cool off this week. I certainly hope so. I was not made for anything over 75 degrees. I must have been an Eskimo in a past life. Or at least a Canadian from the Northern Territory.



1 comment:

Judy said...

Sounds like a wonderful week. My favorite temps are 65-75. We no longer have to worry about mowing grass as it is brown...no/not enough rain and high temps does that and I don't waste water on the grass!
I have the Traveler (DT)I love it. I have been trying to get use to the Babe electric which is touchy. But anytime you play with fiber is a good day.