Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!.......

Wishing you all a wonderful day to be with your loved one(s).

Last week while watching tv, I turned to BH and asked "so what do you think you're getting me for Valentine's Day?"

The response was a "deer in the headlights" look. "What?" said he.

"What do you think you'll get me for Valentine's Day?" I reiterated.

"What would you like?" says he. Translation: "I didn't know you expected anything. I haven't gotten you anything for Valentine's Day since 1992".

Yeah, he's right. I don't expect - or want - anything for Valentine's Day.

Why? Because everyday he lets me know how much he loves me - and I, him. Everyday he does every little thing he can to make my day easier; to allow me to pursue my endeavors at my whim; to be up for any scatterbrained idea that is floating in my head at the time; and to have my back when unpleasant situations arise or decisions have to be made or to be my sounding board.

He's the love of my life, no matter how crazy he can make me at times. I can't imagine a life without him. It's as if we've been together all our adult lives.

And in return, I try to make his life as easy as is within my power. I coddle him, console him, understand him, love him. We struggle together and find strength in each other.

He is my eternal Valentine.

I wish you all a Valentine for all time whether it be a significant other, a spouse, children, siblings, parents or a special friend who "gets" you and is there for you, no matter what.

Now, go make that phone call; bake that cake, plan that special dinner or sit and watch a tv program with that person tonight - together.

Life, soon enough, turns into memories. The memories will sustain us when they are supported by the love we have known.

Happy Valentine's Life!

No comments: