Wednesday, February 2, 2011

This Is Not Good.........

I've been up all night. It is now 6:23 am. I could not fall asleep last night to save my life. So I got up, turned on the TV, finished the last slipper boot for my friend, frogged the sock that I didn't like and picked up the shawl and knit about 6 more rows.

Oh yeah, I also turned on the coffee pot and proceeded to drink 5 cups of coffee. I just put another pot on thinking BH will be up soon.

Also kept the wood stove going. The weatherman said we were going to get -25 to -35 last night, with wind chill. So, I thought "well, I'll make sure the water pipes don't freeze". Right now it is -10. Water pipes are just fine.

I did turn off the TV, grab my fleece cover and lay back in the recliner about 4:00am. For about 15 minutes. That didn't work. Maybe it was the coffee? Nah.

I have a problem like this maybe once a month. Just can't sleep. This time I blame it on my mother. I know. My mother passed away a month ago. But her and my dad have this way of letting us know they're still with us. Most times to our chagrin!

Like the time I was trying to hang pictures of them on the wall and they kept falling down. Right off the nail. No rhyme or reason. I mean, they were hanging there just fine. Then - WHOMP! "Ok, Pop. That's enough. I have to get these pictures up here!"

Or Pop letting me find the essay our son wrote about him. Pop told me it was in his drawer. Nope. It was in his album of fishing pictures -- in the back. After many blank pages. The album was under a bunch of stuff in his night stand.

Or my brother asking me to find my mother's recipe for Rice Pudding. Went through all her recipes - thousands! Picked up the Hershey cookbook, and there it was, just open the cover of the book. Rice Pudding in a Hershey chocolate cookbook??!! Ma!!

Or how about her passing away on New Year's Eve Day? Yeah, we'll never forget that date!! Good one, Ma!

Well anyway, here I am. So, I've got bills to pay. But I'm avoiding that right now. Don't feel like it. Maybe later.

And the spinning wheel is in view. Right behind me. I can see it out of the corner of my eye.Yeah, yeah. I'll get there.

I was planning on doing some housework today. Just dusting and vacuuming. Good luck with that! At least son and fiance think they won't be coming up this weekend (she had a minor fender bender yesterday and she has a report due for school next week. They need to go to the Arts Museum.) That's ok. We're supposed to get snow all weekend. And I won't have to cook on Saturday!! Just Sunday - for the Super Bowl and other son and grandson will be coming over. But I've got that pretty much covered.

I know I can think of at least 6 other things to do today. But thinking and doing are 2 different things. Especially when you've been up all night!

I think I'm starting to get a little punchy. Maybe another cup of coffee will help.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hope you got some sleep last night. So far as the bills,dust,vacuuming....They donb't go away if you ignore them. No they are tenacious and stick around until you are ready to deal with them.