Friday, December 30, 2011

Channeling My Mother??.................

As you can see by the time at the end of this post, it's after 3:00 am!  We went to bed at 11:15pm.  I did fall asleep, but woke for a bathroom call.  Walked into the kitchen, looked at the clock - 12:30. 12:30! Went back to bed.  After much tossing and turning, and feeling rested and awake, I decided to get up.  No sense laying there, wishing for sleep.  That never happens.

So, to the wheel.  Plying for 1 1/2 hours.  Oh, yes.  And coffee.  Turned the pot on.  And the radio - low.  More wood in the stove. Then a computer game for an hour.  And here I am.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this before in a blog, but my mother had the same trouble sleeping.  But hers was all the time.  Thank goodness this only happens to me once in a while.  A few times a month.  And that's enough.

For about the last 10 years of her life, my mother would get up every morning at 3:00am.  She went to bed around 10:30pm.  She never knew why, nor could she do anything that would change the time she woke up.  She would put the coffee on, turn on the TV and then cat nap for the rest of the morning.  Sometimes my dad would get up with her, but he went back to bed about 7:00am until a more reasonable time to get up.

 In between, things that had to be done were.  But there was always the nap in the afternoon.  Me too.  There are very few days that I don't take a nap.

But the problem here is that I have things I want to do during the day.  Preferably in the morning hours.  There's a lot of spinning and knitting to be done.  Housework, laundry, grocery shopping and other errands also.  And this "up all night" throws a monkey wrench into the whole thing.

I don't know why this happens.  I go to bed tired; fall into a deep sleep.  But an hour or so later - Bam!!  Eyes wide open!   BH sleeps.  He can fall asleep in seconds.  And sleeps very soundly.  That's kind of a good thing.  I have time to myself.  But, geezzz, couldn't it be during regular daytime hours??!!!

Maybe it has something to do with the past weekend.  There were a few very late nights, a lot going on during the days, and I have been tired and worn out since the end of all the commotion.  Not felt really rested.

Ok. I'm getting tired now.  I think I'll put some more wood in the stove and climb into the recliner.  If I go to sleep now, I can be up at 7:00.  And that will suffice for hours of intended chores to be done.  But not all that I had hoped to accomplish today.  Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.  And maybe there'll be regular sleeping hours tonight.  Good night, y'all.

No comments: