Sunday, December 18, 2011

Ohhh Spinning Wheel.....How I Miss Ye

All the hustle-bustle is done.  The hurry, the worry - done.  Putzing around from now till the Big day. 

BH had to move 3 storage totes, filled with rovings, batts and coils, to the van for the time being. This is a small house, afterall, and the closets are already filled to capacity.

Wheels have been covered and moved to safe spots, out of the way; out of sight. Bobbins of yarn waiting to be skeined or waiting to be plied have been put back in their respective storage containers.  I am getting the heebie-jeebies.  I am an addict.  I need to spin.  I want to spin.  Lord, keep me sane for the next week. 

Two knitting projects are sitting on their needles, in their tote bags.  They, too, have been relegated to hiding spots. I can't pick them up, because if I do, the putzing won't get done.   Geeezzz.

Ah, but don't fret, my pretties.  Come December 26th, all will be right with the world again.  You will be freed from your disguises, boxes and bags.  You will breathe the air of your mistress's home and feel the warmth and love of her excited fingers running over your lovely fibers making you over into something even more beautiful than before.

I think some of you may even get an extra treat.  A nice warm bath to bring out the gorgeous color that I just know is hidden within you.  Yes. Let's get out the dye pot and all the powders and pastes colors of the rainbow, the squirt bottles, the plastic wrap, the crockpot.  We'll make this a real "Welcome Home" party!!  Soon.  Very soon.

1 comment:

Judy said...

As much as I love Christmas like you I am also glad to have the house back to normal. I am done shopping but the baking is being eaten by the bad elves in this house as fast as I can make it! I foresee coal in some stockings! Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year