Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Uh Oh, Trouble

For the past 2 days the computer has been acting up. Or not acting at all, actually. The darn thing won't turn on. I don't know if the button is bad or......oh no! the dreaded motherboard is on it's way out. Son has been saying for the past couple of months that something is wrong; it sounds funny; it's grinding. All technical terms, you understand. Not his; mine.

Well it was a very good day here. Did what I said I was going to do. Beautiful day; sunshine and a little warm. I even managed to take the Christmas lights off the deck! Did a lot of spinning. Made potato pancakes, ham and green beans for supper. Took care of the bunny. Called my son in NY; haven't heard from him in a couple of weeks. And being that my grandson got his driver's license at that time, I was a little apprehensive as to what was going on back there. All is fine.

My sister called this evening to give me an update on my dad. He had a consultation with the oncologist today to get the results of all the tests and biopsy that he had last week. Monday he meets with the chemotherapist.

This past Monday my brother called at 7:00am. Shocker. My brother never calls except maybe at Christmas. He said "did anyone tell you about Ma?" NO, what happened?

She tripped over her oxygen tube Sunday night and fell. Had to call an ambulance to take her to the ER. She dislocated her shoulder. They put her out and reset the shoulder. She needs to wear a sling until.........she sees the GP.

Good Grief!! I told her "that's it. All us kids are putting the house up for sale and you guys are going to have to move into Assisted Living." She laughed. I didn't think I sounded funny.

I guess this is the time in our parents' lives when they become the children and WE become the parents! God help us all!

Peach Pie

I don't know why, but peach pie has been on my mind lately. I love peach pie. I'm thinking of making one this weekend. Oh, it won't be with fresh, beautiful, plump, juicy peaches. I'll have to buy canned; just thicken up the syrup with cornstarch and it'll be good to go.

Pot Roast

Yep, that too. I love pot roast with carrots and potatoes roasted along with it. If I can find a good one at the grocery store, I think we'll have that for dinner on Saturday. Yum, Yum!

Since son-who-now-has-a-job has been gone during the week, coming home on the weekends, I have a Sunday supper on Saturday. Because he usually leaves late Sunday afternoon to go back to the Cities. This works out real good because Sunday for me at work is a long and busy day. I am exhausted when I get home. The last thing I want to do is prepare a big meal - especially in a hurry because my son is leaving soon.

Redecorating HeeBeeGeeBee's

The weather is getting warmer. Some of the windows are opened. Sunshine fills the house. Oh no. I'm getting that feeling again. Change the paint color; change the wallpaper; change the curtains; shampoo the furniture and rugs; scrub and clean and throw things out. I hope this doesn't last too long! Maybe if I keep spinning and knitting, it'll pass. That's the plan.

Besides, BH and I are constantly talking about just a few more years and we're outahere. An apartment would be nice. So what's the sense of going through all that trouble redoing the house, right?

Well, if I don't post anymore for a while, you know that this computer finally bit the dust. More dust! Go figure.

No comments: