Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Catching Up.........

So, I had a bunch of stuff to do today. Futzie stuff.  First let me share this with you - our first snowfall!  BH saw it first when it became light outside.  It was still snowing; that soft, straight down, big flakes snow.  I call it "Rocky Mountain" snow.  Beautiful.  I started singing the "Sleigh Bells" song.  You know, "just hear those sleigh bells ring-a-ling, ting, ting, ting-a-ling too.  Come on it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you........" (I wish I could insert musical notes here).




My day started with spinning at 5:00am.  Til 6:15.  Then it was check email for pictures my sister has been trying to send me for 2 days.  Pictures I need to send to future daughter-in-law.  Finally they came through.  So I add them to my FB page because I have a whole album there of my parents that f.d.-i-l. wants for a project.

Now I want to send the whole thing through email (she doesn't have, doesn't want, a FB page).  Okey dokey, then.  That took a good hour and a half.  Apparently, you can't send FB albums by email.  I had to do all sorts of configuring, moving it here and there, until finally got it to go.  What the hell is up with that???  Any moron or psycho can hack into your FB page, put you can't send a damn album by email??!!  Agrivating, to say the least. Yeah --- geniuses!!

Moving on........next make the bed, put dishes away from the dish drain, get dressed, make breakfast, wash up the dishes.

BH: "what are your plans today?"  ME: "I think I'm going to putz around with wool.  I gotta block and press the shawl, wash the burgundy socks and I'm going to try to get whatever those dark spots are in the white tam out.  I bought some new stain remover".

He's bringing in wood, feeding the birds, getting the mail, bringing over the storm windows.  We plan on putting those up tonight.  He washes all the windows for me.  Nice, huh?  Very!

Back to my plans........so I did exactly what I said.  Only now I had to pull a lot of stuff out of the closet to get to my storage bins to put the shawl away and get out the tam.  If you could see how much stuff is stored in that closet, yeah.  You'd walk away, too.  But I persevered.

The discoloration in the tam did not come out.  I am pissed.  Now I'm thinking it was already in the wool, I just didn't see it when spinning and knitting. And I don't remember anything I did that would cause the stains.  I've tried everything: oxy stain remover, White Brite (which whitened up the wool, but didn't touch the stains!), the new Tide stain remover.  I even went so far as to put Soft Scrub on the stains (I know. I know. That's liquid bleach!). It didn't harm the wool (thank God), but it didn't....remove.....the....stains.....either.  I give up.  It is what it is.  I'm afraid to dye it because I think the stains will come out darker than the rest of the hat.  Aaaarrrrggghhhh!!!  Crap. 

 I may have to knit another tam.  Which I'm trying to avoid.  Because it has beads.  Beads that were added while knitting.  I didn't care for that process, and really not looking forward to doing it again! I prefer adding the beads to the singles as I spin.

Anywho, here's the shawl after blocking and pressing the points: (Beads added while spinning)




It measures 58" across the top and 33" long to the center point.  I'm happy with it; it turned out ok for my first attempt at a triangular shawl.

So I put all the paraphenalia away, wiped up my messes, laid out socks and tam to dry.  I think I'll go sit and knit a while.  Ohhh wait a minute!!............there's a mess in the family room.  Wood crumbs all over the floor.  Crap!!!  Get out the electric sweeper and clean it all up --- from one end to the other.  Aaaarrggghhh! 

Well, I guess I will try to get some knitting in until nap time.  I could really use a nap today.  Tomorrow we're going into town (57 miles one way) to pick up a Christmas present that is on sale, then to the BIG grocery store for Thanksgiving shopping.   I heard a joke on "Ellen" yesterday. She asked her guest "so what're you making for Thanksgiving?"  And the guest said "RESERVATIONS!!".  Although that was pretty funny, that's something I dream about saying every year.......and that's no joke !!

You all have a great day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very pretty snow pictures. Glad it's not here.
..
Your shawl looks lovely.